Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 11, 2010

Busy Little Bee

Morgan had yet another fun-filled, busy weekend. I think this weekend when there is "nothing" scheduled she won't know what to do with herself! I see some backyard pool time coming.

On Saturday night we braved the thunderstorm and headed to Pittsburgh for a Pirates game. Thankfully it didn't rain at all during the game. Morgan had a wonderful time texting and taking pictures with Aunt Pattie's phone, eating her standard ballgame fare of nachos (sans cheese this time, not sure what that was about), and cheering the Pirates on to a win!


After the game, Collective Soul held a concert on the field and fireworks were set off. Morgan really enjoyed the fireworks and seemed to really like Collective Soul as well. We head to another Pirates game in July, and Morgan is already excited to see her Aunt Pattie again.


This really is Collective Soul....if you hold your magnifying glass and mouth just right, you can see them!


On Sunday we all participated in a 5K walk to benefit the local food pantries. Morgan was excited to be able to ride in her wagon during the walk, and it was her first time on the Rail Trail (old railroad tracks that were turned into a nice bike path).

She's ready to go!

Team Tenney

Showing off her new "kicks"

Enjoying the scenery at the ampitheater before the walk began.
Getting close to the finish line...with Bailey riding along.


While we were walking, we encountered a homeless man sitting alongside the trail. I didn't think anything of it until Morgan and I were talking on Thursday (yes, 4 days after the walk). She brought up walking, and her wagon, and she said "Mommy, do you remember the dirty man on our walk?" I had to really think about what she was talking about. After about 30 seconds and her repeating the question, I realized she was talking about that homeless man. I couldn't believe a) that she noticed him enough to remember him many days later and b) that she found a rather descriptive, yet as nice as an almost 4 year old could say it, way to tell me what she was thinking. We talked about this man, the fact that he didn't have a home and that he lived under that bridge we were walking under. She asked a lot of questions: why didn't he have a home? Why did he live under the bridge? Why was he dirty? When I explained to her that he didn't have a bathroom like we did to wash up in, she said in her very innocent way "But Mommy, why didn't he take a bath in the river? It was right there by his sleeping place." My heart ached for her little brain. She was clearly doing much more thinking about this gentleman than I had even understood. Morgan constantly amazes me with the things she remembers and talks about. It is clear that we don't give her enough credit.
In other news....today is Morgan's last day in the 3 year old classroom. On Monday she makes the big move to PRE-K! She is very excited about this change at school. She's now the "big man on campus" and she knows it :) I have been having a hard emotional time with this change. I didn't take it too hard when she turned 1, but this move seems to be indicating so many more changes...she's going to be officially enrolled in pre-school, which means in one very short year she will be starting school. She's certainly not a baby anymore. So this weekend I will be hugging her a little closer, wishing that time could move a little slower, before these big changes start happening so fast.
Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment