Speaking of school...earlier in the month the Kindergarteners had a learning lab on NASA. I was able to go and help out with the kids. Each kid at my station got to try on a space suit and learn about the different parts that keep astronauts safe. I have to say while the kids had a good time, I am so very thankful for teachers because after an hour with 50 screaming kids, I was ready to go home and crawl into bed!
January 14th was Great-Grandma June's birthday, so we packed up for the weekend and headed to Webster Springs. It's always a super time when we are there, especially for Morgan who gets to help with everything. She made the biscuits for dinner with very minimal help from Aunt Lola.
June's birthday party was a small one, but we had a great time. Her niece Maxine and her husband Clarence came over and we had a lovely dinner and birthday cake.
Morgan has become quite a shutter bug lately, spiriting away my camera each time I turn my back. Here are a few of her self portraits, which surprisingly are pretty darn good!
Last Friday Mommy and Daddy played hooky from work to take Morgan to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. I think Morgan was most excited about the snacks, and the fact that she got to keep her 3D glasses. She enjoyed the show, but did get a little restless at the end, no doubt because she has seen the movie a hundred times already and hardly sits still for very long.
We have also been greatly enjoying our Mountaineer basketball team throughout the month. Morgan loves to go and spend time with her BFF, Josh. As many of you know, Josh is almost 32 years old! But she loves him and his wife, Anna, dearly and Josh lets her play on his cell phone during the game.
That's about all for January for our little gal. Much to her dismay (and Mama's delight) there has been very little snow, not nearly enough to sled on. But she is looking forward to going sledding in the near future if the weather cooperates.

No comments:
Post a Comment